Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ignoramuses

So I was watching the news last night and they had some fire people on there to answer questions from the public. I changed the channel after I heard these two questions:

"Is Hope Ranch in danger?" They had JUST gotten done explaining how the fire burns, timelines, who was in NOT in danger, etc. And can the woman who called NOT see that she is on the other side of the freeway?? Meaning she is about as far as she can get from the fire??

"How toxic is the fire retardant they are using?" Who cares?? Put out the fire!!

I can't say that we've known the entire time what was happening with the fire but much of the time (in July) it wasn't a threat. As soon as it started to head towards Santa Barbara/Montecito, we were inundated with information. I can't believe how selfish and ignorant people can be in these situations.

That's all. :)

No comments: