Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Christmas Tradition

Every year, my mom would either make or buy dated ornaments for my brother and I. She did this with the idea that one day, when we had our own families, we would have a set of sentimental ornaments ready to go for our own trees. Well, today I received a package in the mail. No, it wasn't a package from the grave but pretty darn close to it. My Aunt Karen, my mom's older sister, sent me one of her handmade ornaments. :) I have not been looking forward to this Christmas and one of the traditions I know I am going to miss are the ornaments from my mom. Among other things. But this package made my day and eased the ache in my heart just a little bit. Thank you, Aunt Karen!


2 comments:

Marieke said...

Don't you just love when someone sends the perfect gift/note/whatever at just the right time?

I always feel like those moments are little touches comfort from God, letting us know that he cares enough to time things so we have what we need when we need it most.

Anonymous said...

I do believe your mom & aunt talked about that. You made my morning, crying and all. I love your mom. And Karen for takign care of you.