Wednesday, October 31, 2007
1. If I meet a new person, I have to know how to spell their name. When I talk to/about them, I picture their name in my head, not necessarily their face.
2. I use the Cascade 2in1 Packs for my dishwasher. And even though they are nice, little contained, premeasured packages of detergent, I have to put it in the detergent dispenser. Even though I know as soon as I flip the door closed, it will fall to the bottom of the dishwasher. Trust me, I've tried to just toss it in, it doesn't work for me.
3. When speaking to someone with an accent, I will start talking in their accent. I hope they don't think I am making fun of them.
4. I chain chew gum while at work. I love gum and as soon as the piece is flavorless and old, I will pop it out and pop in a new piece. Not to worry, I am SO not a gumsmacker. I chew the gum because it prevents me from snacking all day. Which I will do.
5. I walk around looking at my feet. I like to see my shoes, my tattoo, my new nailpolish, whatever happens to be on my feet.
6. When I get scared, I run in place. Seriously. It's been proven many times over. Also, if I am really scared my arms will flap in place and then I may grab whatever/whoever happens to be standing next to me.
7. I love Twix. But I like just the cookie and the chocolate. So, I will scrape off the caramel with a knife before I eat it.
8. I sway in place when I am standing still. The baby sway. Never had one but it's an automatic thing I do. I do wonder what people think when I am trying to sell them some flooring and I am standing their holding a sample...swaying.
I won't tag anyone but if you feel like sharing some unusual things about you, feel free!!
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
Here they are attached to the body. Next up, 3" of stockinette. 3"=27 rows. And at 276sts a row... eh, whocares! When I get done with the drudgery, I will be ready to start the fun cabling. I gave myself a goal of 4 rows a day, after those are done, I get to work on the fun stuff. Like the KoolHaas hat I started out of Kathmandu DK. Pictures on that later...
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
I love when people appreciate a handmade item. :) Wouldn't a picture of two cute little newborn baby boys wearing their oversized Shedir hats be precious?? (hint, hint Aunt Kalah!)
Saturday, October 06, 2007
So for now, I plan on finishing up the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. And after that, the Rebecca Hooded Sweater. That's today's goal...we will see what changes tomorrow. :)
Onto other things. My cousin Kim (mom's side) came up for a visit on Friday night. I was really happy to have her here. It was a tough week. Mom's birthday was Wednesday and I ended up having a pretty deep conversation with my brother on the state of our relationship. Whew! Let me tell you, I was not the most pleasant person to be around at the beginning of this week. Anyway! It was nice to be able to talk with Kim about memories, thoughts, feelings about our family. I forget that I am not the only one that lost my mom so hearing her side of last year was really helpful.
On that note, it looks like I need to get started on knitting some sleeves! Have a great weekend!