Sunday, March 16, 2008

Traveling quilts

I am deliberately holding out on posting pics of progress on my quilt. For one very specific reason. I am traveling to Idaho with Chaun, George and the kids next week to visit her parents. (Cori, I SO wish you could come out too...) Chaun's mom owns a longarm quilting machine and is going to teach me how to quilt my own quilt! The longarm machine will make it so much easier than trying to deal with my sewing machine here at home. The quilt top is done and as a matter of fact, I am just about done with another one. :) I will have quilting-in-progress photos when I get back. I am so enamored with the idea of working my own quilt from start to finish. Any quilt tops I do after the trip will be sent to Idaho and Chaun's mom will do them up for me.

2 comments:

Cori said...

Can't wait to see the photos of the quilts in progress. I'm so jealous that you all get to go to Idaho. But it's gonna be COLD! I hope you pack some of your nice warm sweaters. And I wish I could be there, too. We're just going to have to find a way to get together in the near future!

Chauntel said...

We don't have room for warm sweaters! lol
I think it's great that mom will take knit items in trade for quilting our tops for us! What a great mom!