Sunday, April 20, 2008

Busy Weekend!

This weekend I ran my first 5K and I got baptized. I don't know that it gets much bigger. Okay, maybe if I were getting married or maybe my first child was being born but other than that, it was huge. The 5K was a test to see where I was at in my running progress. And considering 3 months ago, I thought running for 2 minutes straight would certainly send me to my death, I've come pretty far. I was convinced to do this by none other than my cohort, Chauntel. I am so glad I did this race with her! I was VERY against doing any sort of race but Chaun was able to show me that it isn't much more than what we are already doing three times a week. So, we did it!!

After the race, I picked up my dad at the airport as he came down to see me get baptized. Also, my Aunt Karen and Uncle Bill were able to make it up for the weekend. It was so wonderful to have my friends and family there to witness, as much as I didn't want to give my testimony. Yes, I had to get up in front of everyone and explain my spiritual journey. And seeing as how it alllll started with my mom's cancer diagnosis, I was nervous to explain such an emotional event. And I almost lost it. I started speaking and whooosh, here come the tears. I was able to pull it together and finish up. I understand now why they have us do that, it's so rewarding to be able to be in a roomful of people that 'get it'. And a friend of mine was kind enough to take pictures for me because, let me tell ya!, I don't remember it much. :)

So, I am pooped. Ready to just hang out and relax the rest of my night away. I hope you enjoy yours!

4 comments:

Strawberry Marin said...

Congratulations!! You were amazing, and the whole congregation was teary with you. I hope your lunch was great! and a 5K! You are an amazing lady!

Chauntel said...

I can't tell you how proud I am!
First, the baptism. You did a wonderful job~ to the point, candid, funny and just plain amazing!
The 5k, not so hard! We did it & had fun doing it & ran together!!!!

I love you Trac!

Alyssa said...

Congrats on the 5K I know I couldn't have done that.

Cori said...

Tracy, congratulations on such a life-changing decision. I know that you will be happier and more at peace with yourself.

And way to go on the 5K. You guys rock! (as long as you don't make me run when I visit you...)