Sunday, August 05, 2007

Saturday's Shower

I have never seen so many knitted items at a baby shower! I was expecting a little sweater or two, a hat, a crocheted blanket by the new grandma, you know, the usual. Let's just say I am SO glad mine was the second gift they opened. The blanket went over very well and I got my oohs and aahs. I had forgotten though that the sister of one of the mom's is a crocheter/knitter as is their best friend. AND they received some hand me down items that were over 40 years old and had never been used. I think they ended up with 5 blankets, 2 hats, 1 pair of socks, 2 booties, 2 diaper covers, 6 sweaters, and a few pairs of pants.
And now, as my boyfriend put it, "Now that the blanket is done, you can go back to the mystery stole!" So understanding, that man. :) He is right, I will be picking up the mystery stole on which I am very far behind. I have discussed this with Chaun and both of us know that if we put it down, we probably won't go back to it. I am also going to work on the Silk Garden sweater for awhile and then pick up Julia. I have been spending a fair amount of time over on Ravelry. I am very impressed with what those two have created. One of my favorite things to do is to find a pattern I want to knit and then go search to see who else has knit it with what type of yarn. It's very time consuming, updating everything on there but it's well worth it I think.
In other news, the ash of yesterday has turned into mush today from the misty fog. It's lovely. Oh, and I did get some really cool pictures of cloud formations and the sun yesterday on my drive home.

1 comment:

Chauntel said...

Pretty sky pictures and I am so glad to be able to breathe a little bit better today from a lack of ash but the rain was a twist I wasn't prepared for last night.
I have never been to a shower with that many knit/crochet items before! I am right there with you on your gift coming up second so it wasn't overlooked by all the other handmade gifts. So many at once it's hard to really appreciate all of them.