Monday, April 09, 2007

She's Crafty!

She get's around...She's crafty, she's always down! Well, at least the crafty part is correct. :) Do you ever go to read someone's blog and it's been forever and a day since they last posted? And then they come back and post about allllll these things that happened? In my head, their life is in stasis. I am always shocked when I read that their life as actually...gone on. Anyway! My life has just been truckin' along. Spent Easter Sunday up at George's sister, Karen, house. She served our lunch with this drink:


She was kind enough to let me take a bunch home and try to do something with them. And knowing me, if I don't do it now, it will never get done. So, I washed them up and filled them with colored water (for now). The colors are better in person (obvi!) but at least you get the idea.



And in the same crafty vein, I have a bunch of embroidery hoops coming from a lot I won on Ebay (is it really winning when I have to pay for my prize?). One of my favorite blogs to read, Posie Gets Cozy, recently posted about her foray into textile decorating. And I need to copy her. So, Chauntel and I went over to Craft Essentials (okay, they have a great yarn selection AND an awesome fabric selection) and after some debate, and conversation with Charlie (ask me sometime, I will tell you about this sweet child), we walked out with 9 different, beautiful fabrics. You can see some of them on her blog. She actually enjoys embroidery and has her own hoops already. After spending a little time in the fabrics, I actually have a small desire to quilt. I would love to have my own little craft room (which is basically what my entire house is right now, all 420 square feet of it. Patterns on the bathroom floor, knit magazines in my bedroom, let's not even talk about the living room...) but alas, I cannot. So, the quilting isn't going to happen any time soon but someday...


I have been knitting (really, I don't ever stop) and knitting on the same things. Rusted Root in Tangerine, the secret project, and I started another secret project. See why I don't post? I can't talk about my knitting right now! I could discuss the new yarns I have bought but I really don't feel like parading them around for me to feel guilty about. :) So, instead, I will leave you with a picture of one of my secret projects...



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THATSWHATIMTALKINGABOUT! You liked your stuff so much you posted it twice. It's like you are saying "treat yourself to my crafty wonderness, no really, treat yourself again."

Anonymous said...

The bottles look so great! And I can't wait for you to get your hoops to get them up on the wall, it's so fun.
And before you know it, there will be a finished set of projects that are all your own!!I so want to talk all about how you did them yourself but I will resist. ;o)

Tracy said...

Oops! I guess I was so excited I double clicked. :)

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marieke said...

Fun! Fun!

I like how Miss Posie put scrapbook paper in frames - I so want to do that now (since I have scrapbook paper out the ears).

And how YUMMY is the yarn in that secret project? Looking good!

Hope to see you soon - I MISS YOU!