Friday, October 27, 2006

Then and Now

I thought I would share family photos with you today. I am in a sentimental mood (no surprise really) and I thought you might like to see what my family looks like. Then and now. In the first photo, I believe I was around 7 years old. Which puts it in 1983. My mom made all of our shirts (and my skirt!). In the second photo, the entire Anderson clan (7 children, 14 grandchildren, and 4 great-grandchildren plus all associated spouses) gathered for a surprise 80th birthday party for my Grandma. She's the lovely lady in the rather overly large wicker chair. That was in 2001.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Nice photos! That's awesome that your mom sewed the clothes in the first picture. (And I wish I had a pattern for the shirt your mom's wearing in that photo.)

Suzanne said...

Undeniably good lookin' family you got there Tracy.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

I also love that your dad and your brother are wearing the same shirt in the first one.

~ Suzanne.

Marieke said...

Apparently the crafty gene got passed down to you. That's awesome! My mom used to sew us clothes when we were little, too.

Great family!

Laura said...

What a cute little sprout you were (and) are! I love kid pics! One of these days I'll scan and post my 4th grade picture. Hope you are doing well. I am thinking about you and your family and praying for your guys too. Love, L.

Anonymous said...

It just now dawned on me that your mom wore a dress to your grandmas bday party! I have never seen her in a dress before. She looks so pretty in that picture with your dad holding her waist. I love your family.